IntraSpectrum Counseling is a private, group counseling practice with a non-exclusive focus on the LGBTQ community. We strive to provide high quality mental health care specifically tailored to the LGBTQ community, but our staff are also trained as generalists, offer other areas of expertise, and welcome a very diverse clientele into our practice.
Wanted: Passionate, Dedicated, & Service-Focused Team Member to Manage our Physical Space and Provide Administrative Assistance for LGBTQIA Counseling Agency.
IntraSpectrum Counseling is seeking a part time Office Manager to be an integral part of an organization dedicated to helping the LGBTQIA community. We are a private, group counseling practice with a non-exclusive focus on the LGBTQIA community with locations in Andersonville and Downtown. We strive to provide high quality mental health care specifically tailored to the LGBTQIA and sexual minority communities, as well as a diverse range of other marginalized and intersectional identities. All are welcome. Please see our website for more information about our practice (www.intraspectrum-chicago.com).
If hired, you will be stepping into an integral role at IntraSpectrum. You will have a primary role in maintaining and enhancing our office environment as well as helping to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of office infrastructure systems. This will include everything from keeping the administrative offices neat and organized, to regularly checking inventory and ordering supplies, to responding promptly to maintenance and tech issues, to collecting and uploading essential documentation to our online system.
This is a perfect role for someone who has specialized interest in working with the LGBTQ population and who is looking for a long-term home in a company with a supportive and flexible environment. We are looking for someone who really believes in our mission and who envisions their role with us evolving.
- LGBTQIA community
- Demonstrated commitment, passion, and experience in working with the LGBTQIA population and intersectional identities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to prioritize projects and tasks with little direction
- Able to stay organized and systematized with tasks
- Managing multiple tasks and/or projects on deadline
- Navigating customer service representatives and advocating for ISC
- Identifying inefficiencies in systems and working to reduce them
- Skilled in researching best practices to improve current practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to lift packages up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk, climb stairs, reach, and crouch as needed for stocking
- Technology Skills:
- Able to pick up new technology quickly
- Comfortable with navigating multiple online platforms including social media
- Comfortable using Google platforms such as Sheets, Docs, and Forms.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting and problem solving technology related issues
- Willing to learn and use project management software
- Fluent in Mac and/or Windows operating systems
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Must own and maintain own mobile phone
- Personal characteristics:
- Work and communicate effectively with both clients and colleagues with diverse and intersectional identities
- Be able to work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering your professional skills and knowledge
- Support and embody IntraSpectrum’s values and goals
- Organized and Efficient
- Able to accept feedback
- Able to effectively handle stressful situations
- HIPAA Compliance Standards
- Inventory and stocking management
Administrative Responsibilities (for both locations) include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating office stocking needs and supply ordering
- Coordinating office deliveries
- On-call point person for all office repairs/issues, including tech issues
- Keeping tidy, organized, and stocked the administrative offices and kitchens for staff
- Keeping tidy, organized, and stocked the client waiting area and coffee bar (ex, fixing pillows, replenishing refreshments and marketing materials, and tossing out 1-2 month old magazines, etc.)
- Watering, trimming, fertilizing plants
- Flyer Distribution monthly
- Scanning and uploading client documentation to our HER
- Training new staff on general office operations
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance for various ongoing projects for better internal systems management, including but not limited to: an employee handbook, policies and procedures, HIPAA compliance, online referral system
Hours: 15-30 hours/week, flexible scheduling but must go to each office at least 1-2x/week.
Reports to: Ian Bonner, PsyD, Executive Director
Instructions for Application:
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please note that current clients or former clients who terminated therapy less than five years ago will not be considered***
At this time, we are not accepting applications for other positions and do not have any other available positions. Check back soon or Like us on Facebook to learn more about future opportunities at IntraSpectrum Counseling.