Affirming Support for Struggling Kids.
Today, it’s harder than ever to be a kid. And it’s not easy for parents & guardians to know how to best support your struggling child or teen. Sometimes, working with a mental health professional (who isn’t part of the family dynamic) is the best answer to help kids open up and work through difficulties, which is key to identifying and effectively addressing the issues.
Children & Adolescent psychotherapy is a process where an individual minor client meets with a specially-trained therapist in a series of safe, affirming, and confidential sessions. The therapist will also communicate directly with parents to ensure that your child is receiving the best care possible. Children & Adolescent Psychotherapy can help with:
- Diagnosing / addressing a mental health disorder
- Processing loss, grief or trauma
- Finding affirming support for issues surrounding sexuality, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression
- Resolving defiance, anger or behavioral issues
- Navigating stressors such as school, social media, bullying, peer relationships, remote learning, family communication, etc.
Our team will work with parents or guardians on an individualized treatment plan that’s best for your child; we can also liaison with their other healthcare providers. Therapy sessions can be held in-person or remotely, and we can help you confirm your health insurer’s policies regarding coverage.
Learn more about our therapists, then visit Get Support & submit an inquiry form to get started. Our team of skilled, compassionate professionals can give your child tools to help them manage their feelings and responses to triggers, discover their individual potential and embrace their authentic selves.